1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a propagator? But no ventilation?

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Tinkerbelle61, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Tinkerbelle61

Tinkerbelle61 Happiest Outdoors!

Ratings:
    +697
    Hi all

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a greenhouse from a relatives house move, with it came a number of items. One is this, which appears to be a propagator but it does not have any ventilation.

I’ve googled the make and wiki says “Breveté SGDG was a French type of patent that ceased to exist in 1968.” but I haven’t been able to find anything with this name that relates to a propagator.

It has two lips at the back and a indent at the front so it seems like the top should lift up. The tray base does have holes that are slightly covered, for drainage maybe?

Has anyone come across this type before? Any advice would be much appreciated, I am loathed not to use it, just don’t know how to do for the best.

Thanks
    Tink

E7F4E9C0-8849-45C0-95A0-A3A3FF7A5413.jpeg 162759BA-64EA-494C-BD0F-F9AF6848798E.jpeg A0DEF8B8-7033-4A7B-9401-1383FD168A54.jpeg