1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeyes Fluid

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by trogre, Oct 4, 2015.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +280
    Hi All. Gave the greenhouse a good clean out with JF yesterday. I only cleaned the wood benches and the floor. The glass was cleaned a couple of weeks ago. I found loads of small baby snails as I was brushing underneath the benches before giving it all a dose of JF.
    Had a good look but apart from just one post on google who said you can replace the plants after 2 hours cannot find any other info.
    It has been 24 hours now and apart from a bit of the slabs in corner which are still damp everything else is dry. The smell is very faint now and by Monday I should think it will all be but gone. I have small cuttings ranging from 2-5" to go back in and do not know if the smell of the JF would effect them?
    Thanks
    Armandii. Any updates on your Observatory?????

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    If you have dog(s) Google warnings about them coming into contact with Jeyes fluid, I read about 8 years ago that the active ingredients were changed for something far less dog (and ferret) friendly.

3. lykewakewalker

lykewakewalker Apprentice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +710
    Spot on @Scrungee, instructions state “usages require at least a 1:20 dilution and animals and children should be kept off any areas where it has been used until completely dry.”

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,493
    It's OK for plants. :dbgrtmb:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Yep, your plants will be fine, and your Green House all the better for the clean up.:thumbsup::snork:

Hi trogre, just waiting for the phone call from the makers to let me know the Observatory is ready.....but I reckon it will be 3 to 4 weeks yet before they transport it from Norfolk all the way to Cheshire. So I've got time to organise the mugs of tea and Bacon Butties.:dunno::snork:

• Like Like x 2