Killed my first Lawn mower

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by london_smee, Jun 15, 2005.

1. london_smee

london_smee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well got a lawn mower today a flymo mow and vac and managed to kill it before doing half the lawn. So I'm now a nasty man. [​IMG] The spiget melted the screw thread on the disk. Which could have been dangerous.

The question is can people suggest a lawn mower. My garden aint that big, about 30-40ft long at most and about 12ft wide. not particular level.

I dont want to go too mad with buying one. Just something that will do the job and not die.

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    What an unhappy beginning, london-smee!

I have a similar sized garden and am very happy with an electric rotary mower which is not unlike the one my grandad used to push back and forth on his lawn.

No frills and stuff and very reasonably priced. Just add an RCD

3. becca

becca Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Used to have a mow n vac it was truly rubbish! But flymos other mowers are usually great, I have a venturer 320 and i have never had a problem!

4. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That makes you a murderer :eek: . Are you going to take it back for a refund? It is supposed to be a lawnmower after all and a lawnmower that dies first time out of the box isnt a lot of use. My confession is that i killed my first mower as well, also a flymo. I have since aquired a nice big petrol lawn king mower which is the business. Good luck with your next one [​IMG]

Cloudy

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,943
    I use a petrol mower myself, bought ast year, about �£140 worth, and worth every penny (My lawn is only the same kind of size also).

Nathan.

6. wineandchoc

wineandchoc Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    my partner bought a petrol mower - I put the wrong fuel into it (2 in 1 instead of neat petrol!! He threw a tantrum when it wouldn't start and ended up chucking it into the hedge :rolleyes: At least he didn't throw me into the hedge

7. wineandchoc

wineandchoc Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    wow, the avatar thing is there. I am sooooooo impressed. Thanks Nathan [​IMG]