1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Laundry Basket

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by wiseowl, Mar 30, 2019.

1. KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,890
    Sounds perfect. You could also consider Aubrieta or Alyssum Saxatile. All are evergreen ( or ever silvery white in the case of Cerastium ) and Spring/ early Summer flowering.

I'll try and find some pics from last year.

EDIT

Sorry I can't find any pics but will add some in the next month or so as they start flowering.

PS...... If you need them in any quantity they are very easy to grow from seed. You sow them around June this year to flower next year onwards.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
      Ratings:
      +50,595
      I meant it would 'crowd out' the basket, leaving little room for anything else.

• KFF

KFF Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +5,890
      That's why I said you can grow things through it. For onstance , with our Salvias it provides frost protection etc as it's like having a blanket over them diring the Winter. Although it's a spreader it's not thuggish or so tight knit that nothing else will grow with it.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • JJ28

JJ28 Gardener

the best - retired
        Ratings:
        +772
        I had lots at previous house but can't find any in the 3 local garden centres. I've just ordered packet of seed (none in garden centres either) from Amazon....didn't realise it won't flower til next year. Oh well, suppose it will be worth waiting for - and once established it will spread for ever.