1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lavender

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Terri, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Terri

Terri Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Once again seeking knowledge. I put in some lavender last year. This year my husband bought me enough lavender plants to make a hedge all round my flower and shrub garden. Last years lavender was about three feet tall and started falling over. This years made lovely compact bushes.Am I supposed to cut it back or do something I obviously don,t know anything about. Help. Terri.

2. sewer rat

sewer rat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Terri
    There is a thread on the subject of pruning lavender started by Dalbuie in July - look back through the topics and you should find it - think it's about page 5.
    You should be okay to prune yours back now - the general rule is not to cut into the old wood.
    Cheers
    Rat