1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Leggy petunias

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Brightonian, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Brightonian

Brightonian Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    hi everyone I’ve been growing some geraniums marigolds and petunias in fairly large troughs and some of the petunias have gone really leggy... can anyone recommend what’s the best thing to do with them please?

Attached Files:

2. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Hiya Brightonian :)

If this was a month or so ago I would have said cut them back, feed and they will grow and flower again quite quickly.

However, we are almost into September and I would simply enjoy your plants as they are now. To cut them back now would prob mean very little reflowering I think :)

Next year, pinch plants back from the start to make them as bushy as possible. In mid summer I would trim them back :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Brightonian

Brightonian Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      Hi verdun, thanks very much for that I was I two minds about cutting them back but I don’t think I will now. Though it’s my first year growing these type of plants I might just trim a couple as a test to see and learn what happens. Thankyou very much again!

• Like Like x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +86,046
        They dont look that leggy to me.:smile:

• Like Like x 1