1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets reach out...Cancer Scam

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Kandy, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I don't believe this.I have just recieved an E mail from a woman who reckons she is dying of cancer.It was diagnosed two years ago and would like to Donate through ME all her estate from her late husband approx.$15 Millon Dollars.for the good work of humanity rather than allow her husbands realatives to use her husbands hard earned funds inappropiately.

She has asked the Lord to forgive all her sins and has decided to Will/Donate her husbands investments in Africa to charity through ME for the good work of the lord...Blah de blah.

I cannot reveil the rest to you as she must have my utmost confientiality in this matter until the task is complete and she has robbed me of my bank details and doesn't want to jepardize her last wish.

Why she needs to pick someone in England is beyond me,though I expect she is asking people from all round the world to help her,well she can count me out...

I to am going to leave all my wordly goods to charity when I pop me clogs, but I shall do mine through the proper channels...My solicitor.

So this email will go in the Email shredder along with anymore I recieve.

Thankyou for your time in reading this.The womans name for referance is Mrs Rosemary King...pity she cannot find something better to do with her time..something worthwhile perhaps

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :( Yes steer clear of all this stuff Kandy.. It is only a scam... There is so much of this either begging over the internet or trying to get your personal details... Next time you get one chuck it in your spam box... That will help to lessen the number we get..!!!! :rolleyes:

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I agree MF,but It just makes my blood boil that someone can pretend to have Cancer and use it to obtain bank details from people.

Perhaps she ought to really suffer with Cancer,then she will know what suffering is

Kandy :mad: :mad:

4. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll second that Kandy. Makes you sick that someone can stoop so low for money. :(

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] I think you just have to say to yourself that any really ill person with Cancer would not do this Kandy...!! They make my blood boil too!!! It is hard, especially if you have, or have had a loved one suffering with Cancer .... They are just very unpleasant & usually lazy people with no normal human feelings that do this sort of thing, who want something for nothing....!!!! And of course they don't care where or who it comes from...!!!!!! Take care Kandy..!!

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks MF.Now I must go and do some walking before I end up a cripple.
    I am having to kneel down while doing this.I think one of these days I shall get stuck.

I thought turning 50 would be up hill from now on...not downhill.

Kandy [​IMG]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    i have had e-mails from africa i delete the lot, dont know how these people can live with themselves using an illness for their own greedy gain. [​IMG]

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,931
    This scam has been going on for more years than I care to remember, twenty at least!

The other one is the man from Africa who is wealthy beyond all imagination and he needs to get himself and his money out of the country and "you" would be the means of getting the money out and, of course, you would share in his wealth.

Neither the police nor the scam squad want to know about these things ... delete it if it's on your computer ... and forget about it!

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Lol.Yes we do delete them.It amazes me that she has the time to write such a long email.

I listen to our local radio station everyday and they are always having listeners sending in the scams to be ripped up over the air.

This ones email address is [email protected]
    sounds like she is using our Rosa's name!!.

Don't worry I give no one my bank details... not even my husband...only joking

Kandy

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,514
    There are lots of other scams around as well and some of them sound very plausible. If you are not sure then you can quite often check them out on
    www.truthorfiction.com
    There are also some that are not scams but they are sent out by people who think they are helping others and just cause a lot of hassle for them.
    ---------------
    shiney

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,125
    :D :D ;) Downhill all the way now Kandy...!!! ;) ;) :D [​IMG] :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    its certainly not me thats ironic m rosa king, she probably pinched my name the horrid woman, I had better not get an e-mail from her, do you think she could be lurking around gc using our names

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.Her name that she was using in the email was mrsrosemaryking,so that is where mrosaking comes from in the address.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandyfloss that is some long name looks very made up to me

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    think about it Rosa,Mrs Rosemary King,not that long really.I wanted to email her and give her a mouthfull but my husband woulodn't let me,so I just deleted it