1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Little Black "Eggs"?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Greybelle, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Greybelle

Greybelle Gardener

Ratings:
    +33
    I purchased a new greenhouse last autumn and used it to overwinter my small peach and apricot trees. They flowered and were hand pollinated in February and a few small fruits are setting. Now the leaves are covered with black spots, probably eggs as they are not moving. They brush off easily but there are masses of them and 7 trees. One small peach tree got left outside by mistake over winter and is unaffected. Its flowering now. Hoping it doesn't get peach curl. The leaf picture is not good but its just black dots. Would appreciate any idea as to what this is, how to get rid of it and how to prevent it. Sorry for the greedy post. Earlier posts are several years earlier (2011 & 2013) and I'm not sure if I have the same thing. Thanks.

View attachment 119164View attachment 119165View attachment 119166 DSCN3444.JPG