1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

lolo..... looking for help

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by tigertoe, Aug 8, 2005.

1. tigertoe

tigertoe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there
    First of all can I say a big Thanks for taking the time to read my FIRST problem [​IMG] )
    I�m very new to the gardening scene and using my own garden as the first experiment to start with and could do with some guidance on a few problems need to tackle. Ive just built 2 terraces in which Im laying lawn down. I�ve dug the first terrace over removed as much as the roots as I could and all was well. With the second terrace I�m find excessive roots in the ground which stem from my neighboughs garden and there trees. What I would like to no is there anything I can put in the soil to help kill of the roots and not harm the soil as I want to lay a lawn over the top of it?

P.S HAve added web page to view garden so far
    http://www.freewebs.com/mygardenproblem/index.html

[ 08. August 2005, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: tigertoe ]

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    You could try lopping or cutting off the roots where they enter your garden...try a sharp spade cutting down vertically

3. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    good thinking Steve lol

Ladybird