1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Long handled leaf grabber

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by Palustris, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,986
    Thank-you. We do have a lot of leaves here. The garden is surrounded by them. Beech, Birch, Oak and Rowan all supply us with a lot of leaves.

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    :ideaIPB:You can always hire someone to do the job, Pal.:dunno::heehee:

3. Palustris

Palustris Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,986
    The day I have to pay someone to garden for me is the day I sign myself into a Nursing home.
    Seriously though, paying is not an option as I have no access to money. I gave it all away 50 odd years ago.
    Plus that would be an option only if all the leaves fell at the same time, but they don't. The oak leaves are still on the tree now. We actually collect leaves almost every day when it is not raining. The path at the top of the garden would be knee deep if we did not deal with the leaves on a regular basis. On the border at one side of the garden where I have not bothered, they are over 12 inches deep.
    Have a look!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  4. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836

:heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee:

5. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    OH Dear! There was me thinking that all us gardeners were young, fit etc etc, chasing all our ladyfriend forum members up the garden path.

Joking aside. I purchased a leaf, garden waste pickerup...whatever on Ebay. Cost around £17. I am more than happy.

6. kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +4,586
    I've used long handled ones (Separate ones, not the ones that are joined together) and it was quite easy putting the leaves into a builders' bag. An alternative is to use a garden vacuum and then empty the contents into your builders' bag. I prefer the second method because shredded leaves take up much less space.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1