Looking for ideas and suggestions

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Keith Thomas, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Keith Thomas

Keith Thomas Gardener

Ratings:
    +37
    Hi guys

As title says I'm looking for some ideas and suggestions.

I am currently trying to sort out my garden. So far this includes adding hedging around the perimeter of my garden. This has only been done recently however the hedge is already starting to bud up.

I'm planning to build a garage this year. This should use up some of the garden. I am planning to have a section of lawn roughly 150 foot by 60 foot.

On the way into my property I have a small section roughly 20ft by 50ft and on this area I intend to put a couple of ponds linked together.

What I am looking suggestions for is I have a 40ft by 47ft section of the garden I am looking for suggestions for. I do not want grass in this area and I intend to put hedges around this area to section off this area.

Any ideas would be great?

I'm on my phone so I can't upload a drawing of my garden but I can upload tomorrow if it is any use?

Cheers Keith

2. luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
    Ratings:
    +6,899
    How about a wildlife garden filled with plants that attract bees and butterflies ( maybe some fragrant choices too ) with a seating area to enjoy them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Keith Thomas

Keith Thomas Gardener

Ratings:
      +37
      Yeah was thinking something along these lines. Will try to post a drawing of the area today. I have my oil tank and burner in this area however I am considering moving them. The burner only needs to move 8ft to be inside the garage then move the oil tank probably to the rear of the garage.

• Mowerman

Mowerman Gardener

Ratings:
      +599
      A great way of finding ideas is to sign up to Pinterest (costs nothing) and search through the gardening categories.

Many of them are from other countries but once you have a specific vision in mind, there will be plenty of folk here to offer advice on plants that are suitable for your needs.

• Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,124
      Another idea would be to create different "room" in your garden, this hedged area would be perfect to make a "secret garden"..! I only have a small cottage garden and as it is enclosed that is what I am doing this year, but there are some lovely ideas hear.. Secret Gardens: Creating Your Private Oasis | Dargan.com
      I am sure there is some good ideas for thought there.. ;)