Making The Garden Simple

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by DianneW, Jan 2, 2021.

1. DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,860
    There was always a small flower bed within our grass, was not really of any interest so we thinned out some of the unknown plants that were boring anyway and planted a thornless Blackberry and Raspberry Plants and added a Peony. Weeds weeds and more weeds:nonofinger:The area had been fenced off with chicken wire and broom handles so our Henryetta did not re-make the area, she naturally would do and does throughout the Plot. Freerange by having her freedom only..:chicken: she has stopped laying eggs recently but this does happen from time to time but at around 5 years of age maybe she has retired also.
    PLAN change it a lawn...
    So I worked really hard and dug as manay of the beasties out of the area and dug over and picked out the remains of the weeds and old grass. When I was satisfied I firmed it first and spread the grass seed and the weather at the time was mild and still getting plenty of sun...but it did not seem to germinate as areas had before, went into November, a few new shoots and quite a sign of new weeds:sick0026:the rate of fresh shoots has increased but not like it should so come the spring I will wait and see if it does in fact take off, just have to start again with fresh grass seed if it fails..The weeds at this time are spreading fast but cannot really weed for treading down the grass shoots....The Peony is still there as a little worried about moving it....You can see the types of grass we have here and areas that I have successfully re-grassed over time the tough grass just takes over it again.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,860
      Can you ask to let me receive Pm's again as a very good friend has joined and we do talk a lot...thanks in advance....

• DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,860
      Just taken this photo.....the ink is still damp....not looking good those grass beginnings!...Grass seed has been stored in a cold workshop, appears dry in there but some of the tools have rusted though....:frown:..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,834
      @Fat Controller

• DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,860
    • Fat Controller