1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Monstera Deliciosa - Cat Attack!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by tiggs&oscar, May 11, 2007.

1. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It was healthy but I am now down to 3 stems (2 ft each), one is bare, one has a dying leaf and the other a healthy leaf. 10 days ago I gave it a seaweed feed and whilst it isn't getting any worse there is no improvement.
    Any ideas? The cat's stay! :rolleyes:

TO

2. Tropical Oasis

Tropical Oasis Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    They are poisonous if eaten you know! is it in the corner of your room away from direct sun? normal baby bio every now and then would do. [​IMG]

3. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I had no idea monstera was dangerous to cats. I have one cat in particular who chomps on my houseplants given half a chance but I've managed to place most of them away from his reach.
    Fortunately, he has never shown any ill effects but I'm not sure about keeping it now.

Thanks for the info. :cool:

TO