1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Muhly Grass...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Lolimac, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,552
    @Lolimac .......I went to the gardens as promised today and located the plant that I thought was Muhlenbergia, it turned out to be a dark pink foliaged Fennel. :doh:Well it is a couple of years since I was last there. :heehee: Whilst there I got chatting to a couple of the gardeners and they were really helpful and came up with the following names as suppliers. There were actually five, but I've checked them out and these three are the only ones that seem to have it. Would you let me know please if you manage to get the plant as I told the chaps I would give them feedback. :)

http://www.greatdixter.co.uk/nursery/catalogue/?letter=m&ncpage=3

http://www.madrona.co.uk/plants.html

http://www.highdownnursery.com/

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Thank you so much Sheal:thumbsup:

Great Dixter don't do mail order from (I think it's the 2nd of April)

Madrona...I forget the reason why I couldn't get any I've searched through so much:rolleyespink:

But....Highdown looks like a goer:hapfeet:I'm already on to them:thumbsup: and although non are available for another 4 weeks I've Emailed them to see if they'll reserve some for me...waiting to hear back:thumbsup: I'll keep you informed:dbgrtmb:

Again many thanks for going to the trouble,you're a diamond:thumbsup:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,552
        You're welcome Loli, I hope Highdown come up trumps for you. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Stanley2

Stanley2 Gardener

Ratings:
          +35
          If anyone is still interested in Muhly grass and want to attempt to grow it from seed I would be happy to send some seed/flower heads for the cost of a stamp. If a certain Mr Biden allows me back to my house in Florida this October I will have a ready grown supply :smile:.