1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My baskets, pots and planters

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sam1974x, May 28, 2009.

1. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Just thought I would make a 'diary' so I can see how they all grow/fill out throughout the summer months :) These have all just been planted at the weekend apart from the big planter which was done a couple of week ago.

Large hanging basket out the front

[​IMG][​IMG]

Zinc planter out the front

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hanging baskets out the back

[​IMG][​IMG]

Tall zinc planters out the back

[​IMG][​IMG]

Wicker wheelbarrow

[​IMG][​IMG]

My bucket planter

[​IMG]

Two hanging baskets by back door

[​IMG][​IMG]

Big planter

[​IMG][​IMG]

Will update as they fill out. Looking forward to some nice displays (hopefully) this summer :)

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi sam well they are just stunning, see you potted your wheelbarrow which looks fantastic and your pail they all look splendid, well done thanks for sharing, will see them when all your flowers fill out

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Looking Good Sam, You have done a great job and there all goona look fantastic soon.. Have you posted pics of your new seat yet? or have i missed them!.. Dee..

4. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks both :) Cant wait for some of the flowers to burst into life now!

Will update other thread tomorrow youngdaisydee .... not had time to take photos of that today and camera needs charging now! Grrrrrrrr

5. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Hi Sam :)

I love to see what others have done with their gardens. You have a great assortment of basket plants and plants in your other containers. It will look very colourful when they all start filling out and flowering. Is that a wooden patio - it looks good. In fact it all looks great :)
    Maybe we need a thread to show off all our pics of hanging baskets and containers :gnthb:

6. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Jazmine,

Thanks for your comments :) Yes the main part of the garden is decked as non of us are big grass fans plus no one ever wanted to cut it!! We replaced the whole area where the grass was with decking, a couple of years ago and although very costly to have done, we are so pleased with it. Apart from a bit of cleaning/staining at the start of spring, thats it. Very low maintenance!! Plus think it looks good when you only have a small town garden anyway :)

You can always start your own thread with your photos, as Im sure a few people will and then add to it during the season as I intend too.

7. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Hi Sam, you have a lovely selection of containers there. Looks lovely. Good to take pics now too so, as you say, you can take later pics & see how they have grown. I love your wicker wheelbarrows, where did you get them? Never seen them like that before, so sweet.

I love grass though, although I don't have a big garden I keep some grass there, & don't lie on it like I used to as a kid, lol. Joyce enjoys it though!

Keep the pics and updates coming.

cheers

8. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Borrowers,

Its amazing how much they grow really in just a week! You can see what colours most of the petunias are going to be now :)

The wicker wheelbarrow was from Ebay ..... I hadnt seen one like that before either. The same company are still selling them if you have a search. One company was selling them without the liner attached though so went for the slightly more expensive one with liner to make it easier!

9. bilabonic

bilabonic Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What plant is that in the bucket planter, i bought one last year (was 3 in pot). I need to get more to redo the glazed pot again.

10. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Am not sure ... will see if I can find the ticket. I kept them all somewhere together so will post back when I find it for you. It might have been African Daisy .... or something similar.

Will let you know :)

11. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    Your planters and baskets look great Sam.
    I'll be watching to see if I can learn something from you.

12. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Checked the label and they are Cape Daisy's .... got it from B & Q if that helps :)

13. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks Alice ..... the planters I do myself but I do have a bit of help with the baskets from my mum :) Havent figured them out 100% yet !

14. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Truly inspirational. I did a few planters but kind of got side tracked. After seeing yours I'm going to give it another bash. Good work.

15. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Sorry this is late Sam but thanks for the info on the wheelbarrow. Still the cutest one I've seen! Looking forward to seeing the next lot of pictures.

cheers