Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

My Garden Progress

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Kevin Cowans, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +41,623
    Hi Kevin,

My apologies for not answering you sooner. I'm limiting myself on the computer at the moment due to an arm injury.

Your garden is looking lovely and the plants are maturing nicely. It won't be long before it's as you want it. :)

2. Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Gardener

Ratings:
    +670
    Hello @Sheal

Thanks, there is still quite a bit to do that is difficult to show in pictures.

The plants are growing well, except for the Echinacea and Bonariensis which seem to be taking their time.

I think I have finally found the sweet spot for the Drip Irrigation which has taken awhile but is worth the trouble.

I hope your arm feels better soon.

Kevin

3. Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Gardener

Ratings:
    +670
    Hello all

I hope you are well.

Well, I decided I would try and aerate the lawns as they were feeling hard and compacted using a Fork since they are only relatively small.

I started and the Fork would not go more than maybe 1/2" into the soil, so, I kept going nearly doing myself an injury and 20 minutes in I realised that the Fork I was using, a Border Fork, had square, blunt tines, idiot :wallbanging:

So, I swapped it for the Digging Fork and it penetrated the soil approximately 5", so, ideal :)

Repeat after me, I am an idiot :dunno:

Thanks

Kevin

• Funny Funny x 2
      Last edited: Jun 8, 2021 at 9:55 AM
    • Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Gardener

Ratings:
      +670
      Hello all

Just a small addition to the garden today :)

I have added a 4lph Dripper to the Water Feature, no, not to make it grow but to offset evaporation.

So, 4lph for 1 hour a day, three times a week should replenish the Water Feature, for the most part, I will see how it goes.

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 1
      • Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Gardener

Ratings:
        +670
        Hello all

I hope you are well.

The birds have discovered the Water Feature, about time, it has been there since 2019 :)

2021-06-10_09-54-04-518.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 1