1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My Garden Progress

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Kevin Cowans, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,064
    Hello @Sheal

I think what worried me about Paying the Invoice was not the Amount involved, I had accepted that awhile ago but having to Pay by BACS.

Whenever I use BACS for Larger Payments I always envisage my Money disappearing down a Deep, Dark Hole, never to be seen again :wallbanging:

I sent a Small Payment first to make sure I had the Bank Details correct and then, once I received an Email from them confirming Receipt of the Payment, then, I made the Full Payment.

They also sent an Email confirming they had received the Full Payment.

So, no Deep, Dark Hole, this Time at least :)

So, the Original Quote has now been Paid in Full, now I just need to Pay for the Additional Work on 28 July as agreed.

I am getting there, slowly, but I am getting there :yahoo:

After seeing their Work with the Patio, Paving, Setts and Lawns I will be getting them to do the Driveway too.

I am looking at getting a Resin Bound Driveway, it will be a couple of Years before I can afford it but I will be getting it done.

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 2
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,560
      Hi Kevin,

BACS payments have been in use since 1968. My better half spent much of his career as a banker and says you shouldn't worry about BACS, it's been tried and tested for a long time. :)

I can tell you're feeling much happier now which is good.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +30,610
        I don't k ow what BACS are but if they are like our etransfer, I get nervous about it and check the recipient email address I'm inputting multiple times before actually sending. Lots of people have automatic deposit of these and if you got the address wrong, you can kiss the money goodbye, hence my quadruple checking

Everything looks so pleasant and ordered in your garden.

Congratulations! And you're smart to stick with contractors you know you can trust. :)

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,560
        @CanadianLori, BACS is transfer of a payment from one bank to another.

• Informative Informative x 1
        • Kevin Cowans

Ratings:
          +1,064
          Hello @Sheal

I am definitely more relaxed since Paying the First Part of the Invoice, one more Part to go.

At the moment I am free to concentrate on getting my New Bike, I Ordered it in March but because of all of the shortages it is not going to be available until Early August.

I used to Ride my Bike to Work before I had to leave due to my Health in 2006.

I got it out of Storage in March intent on starting to ride again to find that I had outgrown it, quite literally.

In the 16 Years since I last rode it I must have grown, in Height, a fair bit so the Bike felt too small for me even with the Seat and Handlebars adjusted.

I was hoping to be able to ride over the Summer but I will have a bit of Time left to get used to riding again before the Weather turns.

Thanks

Kevin

• Informative Informative x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +52,560
            Hi Kevin,

That's a long time since you've ridden a bike. I think you may rediscover some muscles too, ouch! :)

• Kevin Cowans

Ratings:
            +1,064
            Hello @Sheal

I am looking forward to it, it is nice to be able to say that :)

I am still looking for a Plant to fill the gap in the Border.

The Details are in Post 458 of this Thread, any suggestions?

Thanks

Kevin

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +52,560
            Hi Kevin,

I have been trying to think of a plant that will fit that particular spot but at only 300mm high it's difficult to come up with something.

Having gone through my own plant file Aquilegia 'Rhubarb and Custard' may be something to consider.

Aquilegia 'Rhubarb & Custard' (1).JPG

Aquilegia 'Rhubarb & Custard' (2).JPG

It's an herbaceous perennial that will spread and also self seed but is fairly easy to keep under control.

• Kevin Cowans

Ratings:
            +1,064
            Hello @Sheal

Sorry for the delay in Replying, I have been dealing with some things, or trying to.

I did try to find your suggested Plant Online but the only one I could find at the Nurseries that I deal with was over £100.

On the other side of the Ninebark is a Potentillia, so maybe that would work in that space.

Going back to Geranium 'Rozanne' for a moment.

Can that be Planted in Summer or would it be best to wait until September?

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024 at 10:49 AM
          • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +52,560
            Hi Kevin,

Don't worry about the delay. :) £100 for Aquilegia, that's ridiculous! I grew mine from seed so if you want to try that, they grow fairly easily.

Which Potentilla do you have as they can be very different plants? If you don't know which one attach an image and I will identify it for you.

You can plant Geraniums at any time. They are quite resilient but don't forget to water it until it's established. It will also look a bit droopy to start with but will pick up.

• Like Like x 1
            • Purple Streaks

Purple Streaks Gardener

Ratings:
              +717
              Hi Kevin ,
              Congrats you've at last found some Landscapers which live up to their name of being 'Landscapers '
              They certainly listened to you on what you wanted and you have now the satisfaction ànd pleasure of seeing what you have paid for . Plus knowing you've waited and stuck out with everything you have visualised!!!!!!,
              I love the different textures ,styles, and ćolour. This I'm my mind is what makes a garden not just a garden but the garden is a home .......for all nature's offerings of insects , birds and beauty oh so many more naturals ......and free viewing too.
              Again very well done to every contribution it all goes well together . Leave it now and enjoy pottering ....... just don't forget to water in the cool evenings whilst enjoying the calmness.

As sheal says forget the hundred quid , buy a pkt òf seed , scatter where you want the plants. Keep them ďàmp and in no time your bare patch will have everything you asked for to enjoy !!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
              • Kevin Cowans

Ratings:
                +1,064
                Hello @Sheal and @Purple Streaks

Thanks for the replies.

I still have some tidying to do in the Borders after the Landscaping such as topping up the soil levels etc., unfortunately, it is just too Hot for me at the moment so that will have to wait until it cools down somewhat.

I am dreading Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with Temperatures reaching 39 Degrees.

I have found a few Plants that got damaged during the Landscaping that I am having to replace, they have been Ordered, I just hope they are not Delivered whilst the Hot Weather is ongoing.

The replacement Honeysuckle 'American Beauty' I planted Last Week is doing well but it is planted behind the Malus Rudoph and growing on a North Facing Fence so is not in Full Sun.

With regards to Watering, the beauty of Drip Irrigation is that it comes on in the early Morning every day so the Plants are all doing well.

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 1
                • Kevin Cowans

Ratings:
                  +1,064
                  Hello all

I thought I would Post an updated Photo so here is the Back Garden as it is now:

2022-07-16_10-20-56-246.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 4
                  • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
                    +52,560
                    Hi Kevin.

I don't envy you having to suffer the coming heat. It will reach the upper 20's here and that's more than enough to cope with.

The Honeysuckle may cope with the north facing fence if it gets a little sun.

Your garden looks amazing now and the plants are all looking healthy. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
                    • Kevin Cowans

Ratings:
                      +1,064
                      Hello @Sheal

Thanks for the Reply.

We hit 40 Degrees here, way, way too Hot.

At least it has Cooled down a fair bit now, we have Rain Forecast for the Next Week, it is also Raining now which is good.

I made the Final Payment for the Landscaping Yesterday, so, all of the Landscaping is completed.

On to the next item on the, very Long, List.

I finally managed to get the Geranium 'Rozanne' Plants which were Planted on Wednesday.

A few of them already have Flowers and they are only small (9 cm Pots).

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 2
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        Last edited: Jul 29, 2022