1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New plant quality inspection opinion.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Perki, May 27, 2021.

1. Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,509
    I've received a new plant today an Acer Winter flame which I've been after for a quite a while . Anyway after unpacking which they wasn't a lot and the carrier seems to of thrown it around lots of compost in the box etc . A closer look I've noticed quite bit of damage to the main trunk , it looks like a branch has been broke then torn down the trunk .

I am having a dilemma whether I should try and send it back or complain etc, its not really something I do I really rather not go down that road . what do you think of the damage I've added some pictures.

The company I got it off online is taking a bit of a hammering at the moment about orders not being fulfilled and quality of some plants . I took a punt on them I understand it another busy year for plants and that, and I couldn't get the plant anywhere else for that size even though its a tad smaller than I hoped for but I am not to fussed about that.

I have been picking at it a bit, other than that it seem on the healthy side. The damge isn't on the graft that's lower down
    DSC02273.JPG DSC02274.JPG

2. gks

gks Total Gardener

Production Manager
    Ratings:
    +4,578
    Would you of purchased the Acer if you had seen it in a GC? If no, then I would complain and send it back at the online companies cost. Or, keep it and ask to be reimbursed a percentage of what you paid for the plant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +86,035
      Looks like the damage happened last year, and quite early in the year as it was attempting to heal it over during last season.
      Think I'd just send an e mail saying the quality is not as expected, but you cant be bothered to go through the process of sending it back.

I think its know as feedback.:smile:

• Agree Agree x 3