1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New watering can.

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by rustyroots, Apr 22, 2020.

1. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    Hi All,

I am in need at a couple of watering cans. My current one has a screw on plastic pipe and it has split. Preferably want 10l with an option to buy a fine rose to water seedlings in GH.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Rusty

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,204
    Seems they are all one piece plastic types these days with push on rose.

Argos seems to have this one available/deliverable but think you will have to go to a garden /diy place to find an additional fine rose that fits or look on Amazon /ebay, though knowing if they will fit is the problem, but some are a rubber type multifit

Buy Ward Slimline Watering Can - 10L | Watering cans | Argos

Haws Fine as Rain No.4 Small Watering Can Rose Head Oval Water Attachment Brass | eBay

You must be a big stong guy if you are using 10L cans for seedlings on the bench, makes my hands ache just thinking about lifting that up ! :smile:

3. rustyroots

rustyroots Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,946
    Thanks Ricky 101. When seedlings are very young I use an old 2l pop bottle with a fines screw on spray end. When they get bigger into pots I use a watering can, but my old rose applied it a bit to heavy for my liking.

Rusty

4. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    That's an awful lot of weight to be lugging around, (22lbs) a garden or Allotment, if you're doing the length of your garden or allotment and in multiples of 20 or more, Rusty.:dunno::heehee: I confess I do it weekly, (with around 20/30 ten litre watering cans full) , but not daily, for alternatively giving the 50 or so Bearded Iris in pots, the Shrub and climbing Roses, the Peonies and the Clematis a organic feed. By the end of that my arms feel twice as long and I'm shattered:old::heehee:

5. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,289
    I have a 2 gallon one I bought from a local garden centre with quite a gentle watering rose attachment, touch of rust on the handles after 7 years of use but hey. I think a garden centre would be the ideal option as you could see the can in the flesh and get a better idea of how sturdy it is. For things that don't require a rose I just use my vintage 1.5 gallon Beldray can. There's this one at Screwfix but it's a tad larger than what you're after and they don't deliver, good reviews and pretty cheap tho! :)

Nick

https://www.screwfix.com/p/watering-can-12ltr/6562x

Mine...

RSCN1234.JPG RSCN1236.JPG RSCN1239.JPG

• Like Like x 1