1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Palm spots on fronds cure?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by HarryS, May 22, 2019.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    I have a couple of Chamaerops humilis palms. I understand they are prone to fungal blemishes. I have been spraying mine lightly every two weeks with Rose Clear, as advised (?). But the bl***dy new growth is spotty as well. They are in containers in a soil based compost, very lightly watered and fed. Any cure suggestions apart from a pot of palm green emulsion paint ?
    TIA

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,474
    Does it look like this.
    DSC_0224.JPG
    This is on a small cerifera.
    This grows next to a pretty large green bog standard one
    It never gets the problem, though must admit the new growth on the cerifera is clean.
    DSC_0225.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +16,246
      The spots are similar to the Google photo below. The website said it could be due to a potassium deficiency (?) Any ideas ?

Graphiola_and__Kdef.jpg

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,474
      I'm not sure @HarryS I would have thought potash was unlikely mainly because I always associate that with flowering.
      I've got a couple of small ones in pots and I find they need more water and feed than you would expect to keep growing well.
      My small one in the ground gets dry in the summer and pretty much stops growing.
      The spotting seems to appear over the winter mostly.

• Like Like x 1