1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Planting in non direct sunlight

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Azamour, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Azamour

Azamour Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I am looking to put a flowerbed in against the concrete fence in the picture and planting some plants and flowers. The garden is facing south south east so the sun at its highest will coming from behind the fence.

Just wondering if the bed will get sunlight to make it worth putting a bed in front of it?

Attached Files:

2. CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
    Ratings:
    +30,616
    Welcome to the forum!

In what part of the world do you live? I'm no authority on shade loving plants but there are many here who will chime in to help :)

3. Azamour

Azamour Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry. Was going to say. Live in the UK. London to be exact

• Like Like x 1
    • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
      Ratings:
      +30,616
      Your zone is much more temperate than mine... zone envy for me!

If you want low maintenance and beginner plants there's a boat load of never let you down shade plants. Things like hostas that come back every year and if you change your mind later, don't mind being moved.

I still love my hostas as they have stood for me through all of my other boo boos :)

Order a seed catalogue and look into seed company sites as they are really helpful in helping you figure out what you would like to look at as their pictures are awesome.

And wait until morning. You will get an avalanche of expert advice!

Again, welcome to the forum. I visited your city a few years ago and had a wonderful time. :)

• Like Like x 1