1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Plants under attack

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by baz1, May 13, 2010.

1. baz1

baz1 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am not green fingered by any stretch if the imagination. Watering weeding and a bit of cutting back is about my limit.

I have not been out in the garden for a couple of weeks due to work. However things seem to be attacking a few of my plants and I need advice on how to tackle the problems. I dont have a clue of what type of plants they are so have included pictures.

Pic 1 - All the leaves seem to have dried up and dropped off.
    Pic2 & 3 - I think this is a Yukka. The leaves seem to be turning brown and dying. Maybe some sort of mould?
    Pic 4&5 - Something seems to be eating holes in the leaves killing them off.

Any help apreciated

Thanks Baz

2. gotpots

gotpots Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, this is my very first post, I have been reading the board looking for a case similar to our front 'hedge'. (Viburnum Tinus)

the last picture is exactly the problem we have, though the vibernum isnt dying, just looking very chewed, I hope some one can come along and help us both. I too have very little garden knowledge, very little as in none !!

3. gotpots

gotpots Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again baz1, not sure if you have been back and read your oringal post, I have been told our Viburnum has Vine Weevile and it has been suggested to me I buy provado vine weevil killer.

4. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Baz, the first pic shows what looks like a virtually dead Cytisus, get rid of. The second and third pics, show a Yucca in need of some TLC, remove the dead leaves. Pics 4 & 5 show a Viburnum with usual wear and tear marks, it has Viburnum black spot. Scorch marks, also slug damage.:gnthb: Gotp[ots, can you post a pic of your Viburnum damage ? Welcome to the site by the way.:old: