1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with Marestail

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Paul Blackburn, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Paul Blackburn

Paul Blackburn Gardener

Ratings:
    +52
    I have a problem with Marestail on my allotment plot and I know it is quite difficult to get rid of.All I have been doing is either using the hoe or getting down on my hand's and knees and pulling up as much as I can.Have tried weedkiller but nothing touches it.Another plot holder uses something called I believe Kurtail which does kill it he brushes it on and have seen the results the plant just goes black after a couple of day's but not much use if the weed in in amongst plant's like pea's and bean's etc.Any advice appreciated.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's got a waxy coating which sheds weedkiller, you need to bruise a few stems and bend them over into a pot of neat roundup. Cover it to keep the rain out and let the plant absorb it.