1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Professional gardeners?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Grassy, May 20, 2008.

1. Grassy

Grassy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone here who has their own gardening business? I would love to be a gardener, but I have a slight problem. I have problems with my muscles and so am a bit weary of using electric machinery as I could do myself serious damage. Can you be a gardener and not use powered machinery?

Thanks

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Grassy there's quite a few people on here who do "gardening" for a living I wouldn't consider doing it if you have a problem with your muscles as it is a very physically demanding job, if you look at some of the jobs on Pro Gards thread that he has done you will see what I mean,using machinery is far easier than doing things manually and quicker essential if your trying to make a living out of it,there's nothing to stop you getting into garden design and work with someone who can do the heavy physical stuff.

3. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi, Being honest its a very physically demanding job, I have a perfect weightlifters physice yet never use the gym! Reliying on hand tools would seriusly limit the work you could undertake and not be practical.

I sudgest you go for desighn, I also recomend you also take a surveing qualification, this will be beneficial for you on desighn jobs and provide an extra income source whilst you get started.