1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhododendron

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Larburnum, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have just spent the last three hours trying to find out how to send this and a photo. I joined last night, aged 72 and notice I am registered as a junior and retired!!!!! You have probably guessed I am not much good on computers. My photo is of a Rhododendron which has been in a half barrel for 15 years, Blooms beautifully every year but is now very bare at the bottom. It gets fed with sulphate of iron and sprayed with seaweed extract. If I can send photo you will see what I mean. How can I get it to bush out at the bottom. Sorry can't send photo even though I managed to get it into photobucket

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Welcome, Larburnum - thought I was about the oldest on here at 63! I think you deserve top marks for getting this far. You'll get the photo thing in time - if you have trouble, Nathan, our ring master, will help you out I'm sure .... won't you Nathan? [​IMG]

Can't actually help with the rhodo but I'm sure somebody will!

3. Coralbat

Coralbat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Larburnum,sorry don't know anything about Rhododendrons but i'm interested in the topic. planted one couple of years back, but it didn't do too well. Another oldie here, i'm 62.

4. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Michaelmass Daisy and Coralbat, so pleased to get your reply's, what a nice friendly site. Forgot to say Rhodo is "Elizabeth". Wish I knew how to send this photo. No doubt I will find out eventually.

5. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Hi Laburnum. Another oldie here (71). It took me nearly 3 weeks to find out how to send a pic through photobucket - and now it's easy peasy! Can't get an avatar on yet but I'm still trying. This is a great site and lots of help and information given - about gardening and all sorts.

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Welcome to you Laburnum,
    It is a bit tricky loading a photo the first time, maybe this will help. I hope this is what you mean any way. [​IMG]
    Go to photobucket & right click & copy the url of the photo you want to use then drop window to the bottom.
    Write what you want in the reply box.Then look under the reply box next to the gremlins & click on the image button this will open a window.
    Put cursor in box & right click paste & you url should be there make sure you don't put the http:// in TWICE
    Then ok
    Then preview to check
    Then add reply.
    Hope it works for you. [​IMG]

[ 09. August 2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

7. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I am still trying ...thanks M.Farley will try again... but loose concentration half way through, and then 'chuck' it lol

Ladybird

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,125
    :D :D :D Keep trying :D :D :D

9. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Marley Farley for instructions, I have been at this computer since 6pm trying to get picture on screen,and I am now at the screaming stage so I,m off to bed with a headache.
    I will come back tomorrow with a clear head and follow your instructions. Fingers crossed

10. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Well, MF and Larburnum, all I do is this:

1 click on the bottom line under the photo in Photobucket (the 'img' line) so it goes blue

2 position the cursor over it, right click and choose 'copy'.

3 Then go to the "Quick Reply" box and either paste or use ctrl+v to place the [​IMG] tag in the box.

4 Add your comments either before or after this tag but don't interfere with the lettering.

5 Check it in the 'preview post' and if ok,

6 'add reply' ;) [​IMG]

Good luck!

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Hi M daisy,Larburnum,
    I think you can do it either way & I also use another image hosting site as well in which you can choose either way, I just find this an easy way, but we all have our own short cuts that we find. Well Larburnam between the two of us hopefully you will post your pic today. ;) [​IMG]

12. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope this workdhttp://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Larburnum/Cannons2003125.jpg

13. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Help!!!! What did I do wrong, instead if picture I have only got details of picture.

14. lucys

lucys Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, you are doing fine!
    try it again and this time hit return after your the 'hope this works' and before the url its running into each other

15. lucys

lucys Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry ignore 'your the' [​IMG]