1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhododendron

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Larburnum, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Trying again with picture no 1
    [​IMG]

2. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is front view which is a mass of flowers every spring Thanks a lot, Marley Farley, Michealmass Daisy, and Lucys. You are all STARS. Now I only need to find out how to put my picture in the Avater
    [​IMG]

3. lucys

lucys Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well done!

I know nothing about plants, but l think l have one of those in my garden!

Never flowers though :confused:

4. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help Lucy. Beautiful Dogs

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hi Larburnum,
    Well done !! you have your picture up. Try following Nathan's instructions for the avatars in the general discussions, now you have loaded picture you should be able to get avatar on now, very similar procedure, but do make sure you scroll the whole avatars page down to bottom to do it. Good luck.
    Now you have your picture up it looks like it was a wonderful plant, but maybe the soil is exhausted??? Not really sure as I do not grow them, but I do know they can suffer with root problems in containers. Bayleaf might know now you have pic up, Sorry I can't help more.

6. Larburnum

Larburnum Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Marley Farley
    I am now sending a picture o [​IMG]f both Rhodo,s in pots
    I changed soil last year but put the left hand one in a bigger barrel. The right hand one had finished flowering when this was taken. Both are flourishing but one in front of conservatory is growing towards the light as picture shows, I wondered if I could cut it down at back, but frightened I kill it.

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Hi Larburnum,
    Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit from a prune, but it looks like it is also growing to the light, if that the problem them you would have to turn it weekly or something I would think. Have found this link have a look.
    http://www.rhs.org.uk/WhatsOn/gardens/wisley/archive/wisleypommay.asp
    Sorry can't be more help. I'm sure someone will have an answer. [​IMG]