1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeds

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Pauline Adams, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Pauline Adams

Pauline Adams Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been really disappointed this year with seeds I have had from Thompson & Morgan..has anybody else found a problem.
    I had Begonia seeds which were so tightly stuck to the adhesive on the packet that they would not come free. To be fair they did replace the packet, but I have just given up hope of any of my begonias coming up ...I sowed 3 different types
    I also had nasturtiums and sweet peas..again propagation has been really poor. I bought some replacement nasturtium seeds from a garden centre and they are all up.
    My latest disappointment has been a delivery of plug begonias..ordered to supplement the seeds. They arrived in the most sad state and I have had to throw away at least a third.To be fair again, T&M are going to replace them but it has been such a nuisance

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,064
    Not used T&M for years for various reasons.

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Not good news on the T&M front it seems!

It's okay them replacing the plants/seeds, but they would probably be better, getting it right in the first place.

It would also save them money in the first place as well.

Nathan.

4. arwyn

arwyn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi pauline,i use t@m most of the time,last year i recieved oriental lillies at a discounted price,when you spend over a set amount,unfortunately only 5 arrived instead of 7 but recieved an extra pack as well,which was ok.recieved casgading begonias lart week which were ok,so thumbs up here pauline,might of had a bad batch

5. Pauline Adams

Pauline Adams Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Arwyn..glad your begonias are O.K...gives me some hope for my second batch. Wish me Luck!