1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

So random not expecting much.. But...

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Clueless76, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Clueless76

Clueless76 Gardener

Ratings:
    +117
    I keep seeing these little creeping flowers in front gardens right now that are extremely brightly coloured... Anybody know what I'm talking about? Mainly purple... Let's see how good you lot are ;)

2. JazzSi

JazzSi Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,239
    Aubretia

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Clueless76

Clueless76 Gardener

Ratings:
      +117
      Ha ha thank youjazzsi.. And so fast too :) they really make me smile when I walk past them I want some :yay:And now I know what to look for :)

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,610
      You can get them in different colours too Clueless76. :)

• JazzSi

JazzSi Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,239
      Easy to grow from seed too

• Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +3,089
      I think of them as a bit of a 70s plant. They only do anything for 3 weeks of the year and are as flat as a pancake for the rest so have not been popular with the trendy architectural tropical foliage school of garden design. And rockeries went completely out of fashion. But they do look absolutely fab in spring and give a lift to the heart with that bold splash of colour.

I think they'd be superb as part of a green wall - it would show the colour off well and could be just cut back after that. They need to be allowed to cascade downwards.

• Rich garden

Rich garden Gardener

Ratings:
      +100
      Brilliant clueless!! Im so glad you asked this. A house down the road has this in their front garden and it looks great, can see it from down the road as its such a bright purple. I was going to post too but you've saved me the trouble.

Rich