1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Solar powered garden lights.

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Rustler, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    Great aren't they? If you get enough sunlight to let them charge enough to stay on for more than half hour! Will be getting some cable soon and take them apart to run off a power supply. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
    • Anthony Rogers

Anthony Rogers Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      My mums neighbour has some ( globes from Poundland ) about 2 years old now and they're on every night all night.

PS... It's a common fallacy that " Solar Power " means " sunlight ". They actually work from daylight.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
        Ratings:
        +1,217
        Hi Anthony. Was said very tongue in cheek mate and I realise that they work on a daylight basis but this means they must be in daylight and not obscured for any length of time as they the switch off at different rates. Now, that annoys me! He he. I would rather control on off times and switch when required along with my laser. Wish I could photograph that as it still amuses me every time I switch it on. I see the same with neighbours lights that are fading or off as I walk the dog at night. Cheers, Russ

• Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +8,435
        Hi Rustler, my hubby has recently bought me a solar powered light to go on my shed, it's great, it's ona sensor so when we lock up the hens we have enough light to see what we are doing, we also have one on the log shed which works really well. I'd certainly recommend them. :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
        • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
          Ratings:
          +1,217
          Beckie, I really want hens. But as we are in an enclosed space and a very small garden, the missus won't allow them. It's just frustrating to have your carefully positioned lights go off at different times because some have got more light than the others. Same problem with solar water features. Great for a certain length of time but then just when you want to enjoy the moment, it's gone! I blame the weather, the sun and. Ooh! The daily mail.

• Friendly Friendly x 1