1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

successful cuttings but lack of flowers

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by mervynsue, Jun 15, 2011.

1. mervynsue

mervynsue Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been quite successful in the past with Erysimum cuttings, but this year the cuttings I grew last year are fabulously healthy looking and very big but with either very few flowers or none at all.
    Does anyone know why this could be as Erysimums should be smothered in flowers!

2. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    I'd be happy with cuttings without flowers!! I can't seem to do cuttings to save my life lol

I have no idea if they'll flower, but I'd say be patient and they will? (don't hold me to it) but you're probably better off waiting for someone else's advice.

3. skinner

skinner Gardener

Dogsbody
    Ratings:
    +23
    What were the original stock plants like? Could just be an inherited characteristic.

I would recommend you get a copy of The Gardening Which, Guide To Successful Propagation... it's a kind of 'propagation for dummies'... a really excellent book :).

4. mervynsue

mervynsue Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    cuttings with no flowers

The plant I took it from was covered in flowers!

I have done other cuttings with this flower successfully and am generally quite good at cuttings - but these are just super healthy with no flowers.....

5. Madahhlia

Madahhlia Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,089
    Have a go with salvias or coleus or pelargoniums, they're pretty foolproof.

6. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    I don't know where any of them plants are :(

Are Geraniums easy to propogate?