1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

'The Garden'

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by amanita, Dec 11, 2016.

1. amanita

amanita Gardener

semi retired
    Ratings:
    +14
    'and I've got to get myself back to the garden' Joni Mitchell lyric: but what exactly is she referring to 'the garden', anyone know?

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,497
    Joni wrote the song about getting back to the Garden of Eden. The song's title is Woodstock and refers to the Woodstock Festival but was first performed at the Big Sur Folk Festival - I was there :dbgrtmb: :hapydancsmil:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • amanita

amanita Gardener

semi retired
      Ratings:
      +14
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,497
      I didn't go there to see Joni but to see Joan Baez. Joan was the organiser of all the Big Sur Folk and the money went to her charity. I also went to see Judy Collins but she didn't turn up that year :sad:. I became a fan of Joni because of her performance there.

Judy Collins wasn't known very well over here but she sang the same songs that Joan did and got quite a few hits with them. She went on to make a very big hit in in 1975 and 1977 with her version of Send in the Clowns

• Like Like x 2