Todays Joke Thread....

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Banana Man, Dec 4, 2007.

1. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Oh Moyra, that was nice. and very true, unfortunately:)

cheers

2. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    [align=center][align=center]Yard Talk Between God and St. Francis[/align][/align]

"Winterize Your Lawn," the big sign outside the garden store commanded. I've fed it, watered it, mowed it, raked it and watched a lot of it die anyway. Now I'm supposed to winterize it? I hope it's too late. Grass lawns have to be the stupidest thing we've come up with outside of thong swimsuits! We constantly battle dandelions, thistle, violets, chicory and clover that thrive naturally, so we can grow grass that must be nursed through an annual four-step chemical dependency.

GOD: Frank, you know all about gardens and nature. What in the world is going on down there in the Midwest? What happened to the dandelions, violets, thistle and stuff I started eons ago? I had a perfect, no-maintenance garden plan. Those plants grow in any type of soil, withstand drought and multiply with abandon. The nectar from the long lasting blossoms attracts butterflies, honey bees and flocks of songbirds. I expected to see a vast garden of colors by now. But all I see are these green rectangles.

ST. FRANCIS: It's the tribes that settled there, Lord. The Suburbanites. They started calling your flowers "weeds" and went to great lengths to kill them and replace them with grass.

GOD: Grass? But it's so boring. It's not colorful. It doesn't attract butterflies, birds and bees, only grubs and sod worms. It's temperamental with temperatures. Do these Suburbanites really want all that grass growing there?

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently so, Lord. They go to great pains to grow it and keep it green. They begin each spring by fertilizing grass and poisoning any other plant that crops up in the lawn.

GOD: The spring rains and warm weather probably make grass grow really fast. That must make the Suburbanites happy.

ST. FRANCIS: Apparently not, Lord. As soon as it grows a little, they cut it, sometimes twice a week.

GOD: They cut it? Do they then bail it like hay?

ST. FRANCIS: Not exactly, Lord. Most of them rake it up and put it in bags.

GOD: They bag it? Why? Is it a cash crop? Do they sell it?

ST FRANCIS: No Sir. Just the opposite. They pay to throw it away.

GOD: Now let me get this straight. They fertilize grass so it will grow. And when it does grow, they cut it off and pay to throw it away?

ST. FRANCIS: Yes, Sir.

GOD: These Suburbanites must be relieved in the summer when we cut back on the rain and turn up the heat. That surely slows the growth and saves them a lot of work.

ST. FRANCIS: You aren't going to believe this Lord. When the grass stops growing so fast, they drag out hoses and pay more money to water it so they can continue to mow it and pay to get rid of it.

GOD: What nonsense. At least they kept some of the trees. That was a sheer stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. The trees grow leaves in the spring to provide beauty and shade in the summer. In the autumn they fall to the ground and form a natural blanket to keep moisture in the soil and protect the trees and bushes. Plus, as they rot, the leaves form compost to enhance the soil. It's a natural circle of life.

ST. FRANCIS: You better sit down, Lord. The Suburbanites have drawn a new circle. As soon as the leaves fall, they rake them into great piles and pay to have them hauled away.

GOD: No. What do they do to protect the shrub and tree roots in the winter and to keep the soil moist and loose?

ST. FRANCIS: After throwing away the leaves, they go out and buy something which they call mulch. The haul it home and spread it around in place of the leaves.

GOD: And where do they get this mulch?

ST. FRANCIS: They cut down trees and grind them up to make the mulch.

GOD: Enough. I don't want to think about this anymore. St. Catherine, you're in charge of the arts. What movie have you scheduled for us tonight?

ST. CATHERINE: "Dumb and Dumber," Lord. It's a really stupid movie about ...

GOD: Never mind, I think I just heard the whole story from St. Francis.

3. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Borrowers, Glad you liked that one, hope you like the one I have just posted even more!!

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Another spot on moyra:)

cheers

5. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Always remember that someone special is out there thinking of you and appreciates you for the impact that you've made in their life.

It's not me, I think you're a ****:thumb:.

6. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
  7. moyra

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817

8. midnightrose

midnightrose Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

9. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Retired fun

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day I went into town and went into a shop. I was only in there for about five minutes. When I came out there was a cop writing a parking ticket. I went up to him & said... "Come on...how about giving a senior a break?"

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a Nazi.

He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a piece of dog ****. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first, then started writing a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't give a monkeys because I came into town by bus. I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important at my age...:D

10. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    A typical bloke, having split from his latest girlfriend, decided to take a holiday. He booked himself on a cruise and proceeded to have the time of his life; that is, until the ship sank.
    He found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies, nothing, only bananas and coconuts. After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to the shore.
    In disbelief, he asks, 'Where did you come from? How did you get here?'
    She replies, 'I rowed from the other side of the island. I landed here when my cruise ship sank.'
    'Amazing,' he notes. 'You were really lucky to have a row boat wash up with you.' 'Oh, this thing?' explains the woman. 'I made the boat out of raw material I found on the island. The oars were whittled from gum tree branches. I wove the bottom from palm branches, and the sides and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree.'
    'But, where did you get the tools?'
    'Oh, that was no problem,' replied the woman. 'On the south side of the island, a very unusual stratum of alluvial rock is exposed. I found if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into ductile iron. I used that for tools and used the tools to make the hardware.'
    The guy is stunned.
    'Let's row over to my place,' she says. After a few minutes of rowing, she docks the boat at a small wharf. As the man looks to shore, he nearly falls off the boat. Before him is stone walk leading to an exquisite bungalow painted in blue and white.
    While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, the man can only stare ahead, dumb struck. As they walk into the house, she says casually, 'It's not much but I call it home. Sit down, please. Would you like a drink?'
    'No! No thank you,' he blurts out, still dazed. 'I can't take another drop of coconut juice.' '

It's not coconut juice,' winks the woman. 'I have a still. How would you like a Pina Colada?'
    Trying to hide his continued amazement, the man accepts, and they sit down on her couch to talk. After they have exchanged their stories, the woman announces, 'I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There is a razor upstairs in the bathroom cabinet.'
    No longer questioning anything, the man goes into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet, a razor made from a piece of tortoise bone. Two shells honed to a hollow ground edge are fastened on to its end inside a swivel mechanism.
    'This woman is amazing,' he muses. 'What next?'
    When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but vines, strategically positioned, and smelling faintly of gardenias. She beckons for him to sit down next to her.
    'Tell me,' she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, 'We've been out here for many months. You've been lonely. There's something I'm sure you really feel like doing right now, something you've been longing for?'
    She stares into his eyes ..
    He swallows excitedly and tears start to form in his eyes.....
    Don't tell me you've got Sky Sports?'

11. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    :mad::mad: Oh come on I thought that was going to be something more:D I was going to say a typical mans joke but perhaps you left out the 'bad' bits:D

Kept me going for a minute:thumb:

cheers

12. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry borrowers, must keep it clean thanows.;)

Their Golden Anniversary

An elderly couple was having dinner one evening when the husband reached across the table, took his wife's hand in his and said, "Martha, soon we will be married 50 years, and there's something I have to know. In all of these 50 years have you ever been unfaithful to me?"

Martha replied, "Well Henry, I have to be honest with you. Yes, I've been unfaithful to you three times during these 50 years, but always for a good reason."

Henry was stunned by his wife's confession, but said, "I never suspected. Can you tell me what you mean by 'good reasons?'"

"Let's see," Martha said. "The first time was shortly after we were married, and we were about to lose our little house because we couldn't pay the mortgage. Do you remember that one evening I went to see the banker and the next day he notified you that the loan would be extended?"

Henry recalled the visit to the banker and said, "I can forgive you for that. You saved our home, but what about the second time?"

Martha asked, "And do you remember when you were so sick, but we didn't have the money to pay for the heart surgery you needed? Well, I went to see your doctor one night and, if you recall, he did the surgery at no charge."

"I recall that," said Henry "And you did it to save my life, so I of course I can forgive you for that. Now tell me about the third time."

"Alright," Martha said, a little more hesitant. "So do you remember when you ran for president of the yacht club, and you needed 73 more votes...?"

13. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
  14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    So, Mr and Mrs Hill and their two children, stayed in a country hotel.

During the night, someone crept into their room and killed them all.

But next morning, on the radio a tune was playing and they all revived and were back to normal.

What was the tune on the radio???

Scroll down.

The Hills are alive to the sound of music...ok, will get my coat.:rolleyes:

15. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    A guy goes to the supermarket and notices an attractive woman waving at him.

She says "hello". He's rather taken aback because he can't place where he knows her from.

So he says, "Do you know me?"

To which she replies, "I think you're the father of one of my kids."

Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife and says, "Are you the stripper from the bachelor party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies watching while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery???"

She looks into his eyes and says calmly, "No, I'm your son's teacher."