1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Turf transplanting advice required.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Kevin Cowans, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,064
    Hello all

I hope you are well.

I am looking for some advice, if I may.

I am going to have my Driveway and Path done in late July, it is currently just a Concrete Slab and I am having it done in Bound Resin.

As part of the work, there are five Indian Sandstone Setts that are going to be removed which are shown below:

2020-06-29 18.34.22.jpg

A new line of Setts are going to run level with the outer edge of what, at the moment, is the paving, this is also being removed as it is being replaced with the new Bound Resin, this will leave a gap between the Lawn and the new line of Setts of approximately 1000mm x 150mm.

In the Front Garden a part of the Lawn is going to be removed to create a curve to the Front Door.

This is getting long winded, hold on, I am getting to the point, honest :)

If I cut out a section of the Lawn in the Front Garden to the size I need, what would be the best way to keep it alive for a few days until I can transplant it into the gap?

I was thinking of just laying it out on a partially shaded section of Border and keeping it watered, would that work?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

2. Perki

Perki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +8,496
    Yes that would be the way to go kevin , just make sure its well watered it not the best time to be doing turfing job and with it being a small piece more prone to drying out.

3. Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,064
    Hello @perkins

Thanks for the reply.

I will place it on a cooler part of the garden and keep it watered.

Thanks

Kevin

• Like Like x 1