1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Turf turning yellow

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Liam brooks, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Liam brooks

Liam brooks Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I pulled my paving slabs up in the garden as I wanted to lay turf, under the slabs I was told was Dolomite so I bought 2 tone of top soil and then laid the new turf on top. It’s been around 4-5 month and when the dog urinates on the turf it kills it pretty fast and when I had the family round we played on the grass for maybe 1hr yet my grass has gone all flat and is turning yellow where we were playing?

Any ideas what this could be? I don’t have a clue.

thanks

Attached Files:

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,035
    Its summer, the grass is under stress, dog pee always kill grass in summer, and if you get lots of people walking on one area the grass gets squashed and goes brown.

3. Liam brooks

Liam brooks Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply, I never knew it would kill it so easy that’s all

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,035
    Dog pee always kills grass in summer, in winter the rain and wet soil dilutes it.
    Follow the dog round with a bucket of water. :biggrin: