1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown problem with my Oxalis Regnelli.

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Shelby, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Shelby

Shelby Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem (At least I think I do) with my Oxalis Regnelli. The leaves (Including new ones except a few) are turning a crisp brownish color at the end of each leaf. I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it, I want my Oxalis Regnelli to look like this:

[​IMG]

Please help.

2. Shelby

Shelby Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Friendly Bump,

I think this was put as read because of the server failure.

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Shelby sorry you're having problems with your Oxalis and that I am clueless to help you, our green one is like a weed in our garden but the pink flowers sure look nice in a cluster when they are open.Good luck in finding out whats wrong with yours.Hel.xxx.

4. Shelby

Shelby Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Mine is also growing like a weed and flowering, But its just the tips of the leaves that are turning a crispy brown.

5. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    It sounds to me, Shelby, as if they are suffering from scorch.:)

6. Shelby

Shelby Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    How can I fix/cure it?

7. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    It`s a physiological disease, Shelby, there is nothing you can buy to treat it. Scorch is caused in one of two ways. Either there are water droplets on the leaves acting like a magnifying glass which increase the warmth from the sun, thus burning the plant. Or, if it`s hot and sunny with a breeze or wind, this can cause the leaf tips to dry out, thus causing the damage. This last way also applies in cold weather, too.