1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

wanted toy boy

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by rosa, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Not to worry Shiney,as Rosa says I'm having a mid life crisis :D :D

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,291
    Don't worry kandy - we all still love you :D :D :D
    ---------------
    shiney

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    yes we do, all love ya kandyfloss im getting worried leaving my 50th its all down hill for me now :D :D

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Guys,and I love you all too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What do they say,Live begins at 50.Roll on tomorrow then :D :D :D

6. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you dont want a toy boy they will want waiting on hand and foot..remember that old saying.."Its better to be an old mans sweetheart than a young mans slave "..

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    my hubby is 58 and still expects to be waited on hand and foot these 14 years we have been together. :D

8. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa ..you havnt trained him very well.. :D My husband does all the ironing and if he isnt at work he hoovers daily and washes up..I have hardly touched the iron in 30 years he reckons i dont do it right so i said fine you do it then and he has ever since..They need training right from the word go..I couldnt wait on anyone its not in my nature to do so ..I just think they have hands so they can help also..I am not cut out to be a servant..I do my fair share and more and thats enough..

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,656
    Here, here, Wildflower! As I worked full time, did the cooking, washing, cleaning and gardening, my theory was ... you don't iron my clothes and I don't iron yours! Now we slop around in short / tee-shirts or jeans / jumpers all day, neither of us iron! :D :D :D I'm not much into the cooking, washing and cleaning much these days in the heat .. but I can manage pottering in the garden and t'other half DIYs. Both of us are having a break for August, various visitors, etc, and we share the watering in the evening most times. Although we're on irrigation, there still pots and places where the irrigation isn't yet.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I think his mother didnt train him very well when he was growing up :D
    His answer to me when i tell him he is lazy and does nothing is well i am working and making the money for you to flash around in a new car and spending at the shops, honestly he has an answer for everything just cannot win. :D :D

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa,My husband doesn't help me round the house either.His mum never worked since she got married,so had to wait on my father in law all her married life until she died three years ago.
    She even did a lot for her daughter and her husband,but now the help is diminishing they are coming unstuck,and though they are in their fifties they are finding it hard to cope.
    I was one of ten children,so had to learn a lot from a young age.
    If I popped my clogs, my husband would have to pay people to come and do it for him.
    No wonder I feel worn out.

Kandy

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Kandyfloss, just the same, my mother-in-law waited on her husband all their married life, she never worked and when my hubbys father passed away, what a lovely man he was,his side of the family went to pieces and hubbys mother fell out with me so did his sister, we have never spoke for almost 3 years now. not bothered about them now. Thought when i lost my parents over 11 years ago i was like a lost sole thinking i had his family and through their pettiness against me actually i am better off without my hubbys family.
    He even fell out with his own mother and sister isnt that awful kandyfloss, still life goes on families, they can cause havoc in our lives. :confused: :confused: :(

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    My mother in law was jealous of me because I worked and had my own money and could do my own thing.She came into this world with nothing and left it with nothing.
    My father in law just gave her some house keeping money and that was it,no more.She had to buy food, clothes,presents, and holidays out of her meager allowance,because they came from the generation of make do and mend.
    My father in law will go to his grave a wealthy man, but what good it has done him,I don't know.
    I think he took the vow of poverty,just so he could die rich,but it says in the Bible,For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and then loses his soul,so he will lose out in the after life.Rather him than me.

Kandy

14. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am glad Iam not on my own my mum in law said I wouldnt last ayear with hubby, so we went off with my 3 children and got married without telling her.she was furious, we are now married 26 years. hubby couldnt cook or do chores around the house because mummy did it all but I soon changed all that. the way I SEE IT kandyfloss and friends, when us woman do full time jobs chores at home must be shared out or take it in turns. now my two sons are well organized with there partners and have no problems.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    nice one fancy, me and my hubby have been at logger-heads over his family these past 3 years since they fell out with me, we have nearly split-up a few times.My hubby works away and works very hard for what we have but get fed up sometimes of him throwing it in my face all the time.
    3 years ago what really upset me with his mother it was just before xmas, i had bought lovely gifts for her slippers, perfume,dressing-gown,xmas ornaments,nightie,chocolates,teddy-bear and loads of other bits and pieces, you guess what did she get me.!!!!! her son she got a card and a jumper and me nought not even a measly xmas card, how sad and upsetting is that. :(