1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

wanted toy boy

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by rosa, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,753
    Oh, sorry, Rosa! Some mothers-in-law are "the pits" .... I was fortunate ... I adored mine for the 30 years she was mine. Guess I was lucky! [​IMG]

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,396
    How about having a man's point of view ;) Wait a minute and I'll ask Mrs shiney what mine is. :D :D :D

Seriously, I agree with Fancy. A marriage is a partnership and that means you should share everything. We've been married over 40 years and always shared things. We have always had a shared bank account and shared the jobs around the house. Over the years we have learnt what jobs each of us either prefer or can do better - or is more convenient. I have always done the shopping because I worked near the shops and Mrs shiney didn't. I do almost all the cooking because I love it. It's easy to volunteer to do the jobs you like. The ones we both don't like are a bit more difficult.

But a marriage is something that you have to work at and I don't think most young people today bother to try. End of sermon.

I thought this topic started as 'wanted toy boy' - I think that is ageist and should be illegal [​IMG] [​IMG] . Anyone want a sugar daddy?
    --------------
    shiney

3. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,753
    Hello, Toy Boy Shiney! You sound like quite a catch ... but you couldn't be a Sugar Daddy to me. We've "only" been married 38+ years and it works for us because, like you, we share ... work, money and, more importantly, love and friendship!

And that's not a sermon! :D

4. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    Well said shiney, share the same honest philosophy. Not quite 40 years but we have 12 years together, nearly 10 years married and Im only 31. Guess that makes me a toy boy :D And it helps if your wife is a babe! :D

5. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,753
    Well, then if Shiney can't be my Toy Boy then you can be BM! Sorry, Mrs BM, but I'm a long, long way away! :D :D :D :rolleyes: ;)

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    well what can i say to all of that, shiney you are a star the perfect husband but in life as we know most men are not like you, my hubby is totally a mans man, i do get very annoyed with him at times, his heart is in the right place as long as his wallet is, no sorry just joking :D ha ha .I just feel at times that i am taken for granted but you will probably say its vice versa so us women really cannot win, im saying no more tonight. further updates will be continued tommorow evening,usual time, good-night :D :D

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi everyone.In an ideal world,the men would be happy to help out with the chores,but for 99 per cent,this isn't the case.
    My mother in law said when we married that I should help my husband with things like gardening,allotmenteering,decorating,etc but she should also have told that one to her son to help me.
    I started work on my 15th Birthday and worked non-stop for 32 years,before I finally said enough is enough.We couldn't have kids,but I don't think I could have managed to do it all on my own, so perhaps it's a good job.
    I think men and women should be taught from an early age,on how to do things like washing,ironing cooking etc,so if they either marry or stay single at least they can fend for themselves.A lot of kids today cannot even boil an egg,so christ knows how they will cope with partners and kids.Though everything can be popped into the microwave these days or there is always takeaways I suppose.
    A lot of young families where I live don't even do housework or ironing these days they pay someone to do it for them.
    Thats it for now folks

Kandy

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Shiney, SUGAR DADDY section :D :D

9. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree KANDYFLOSS, I trained my three children to make beds, change sheets ironing cooking shopping etc and now they appreciate it, you cannot carry them all their lives. us mums and dads need a rest, to work in the garden [​IMG] :D

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    That was a great thing to do Fancy.At least they can stand on their own two feet.My elderly in laws were still having to wait on their daughter until well until their 80's but they did it because of this unconditional love thing.The problem was they treated the daughter like a child and she never saw them getting old and frail.Now the mum has passed away,she is having to do more for her father,but it is wearing her out and she is still omly in her early fifties so imagine how they must have felt.
    Sometimes parents can be a little bit too loving in trying to help out emotionally and finacially.If more parents young and old took responsibilty for their own lives, then there wouldn't be as many pensioners struggling to make ends meet in old age

Kandy

11. moyra

moyra A knackered Veteran Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +9,817
    Good morning all. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above everything stay safe and well.
    God bless. :wub2:

163134-Have-An-Awesome-Wednesday.jpg

12. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,079
    @moyra nice thought but 14 years too late ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
      Ratings:
      +351
      Haha I got a toyboy, he had just turned 19 and I was 25, he was a semi professional body builder with a body to die for as they say. Roll forward two years and all his bodybuilding/weightlifting training took its toll, he ended up with high blood pressure which was so dangerously high they said he would have an heart attack if he didnt quit his training, he is now 46 still on BP tablets bless him, but we joke saying I got a younger partner thinking he would outlive me and be fit and healthy enough to look after me in my old age, but it may not work out that way.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
        Ratings:
        +1,218
        Old saying " Be careful what you wish for.. "

• Like Like x 1