1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Weed fabric when planting new hedging

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Bfm, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Bfm

Bfm Gardener

Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks again folks. Great help. With regards to the weeds, I'm really not sure but I took a few photos:

IMG_20180810_211351225.jpg IMG_20180810_211355482_LL.jpg IMG_20180810_211402101_LL.jpg IMG_20180810_211418968_LL.jpg IMG_20180810_211428505.jpg IMG_20180810_211517907_LL.jpg IMG_20180810_211500243_LL.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
      Ratings:
      +5,404
      Yep - they are weeds, and it wouldn`t really take very long to dig them all out before they set seed. Once the hedge goes in and gets established you really only need to push a hoe around under there now and then to keep it weed free. I reckon the good old fashioned way is usually best :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Bfm

Bfm Gardener

Ratings:
        +20
        I'd much rather to that than use any chemicals. Thank you

• Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
        Ratings:
        +5,404
        Good on you :blue thumb: Generally gardening is all about sorting the plants out as you go - pull out the ones you don`t want, and nourish (even talk to) the ones you do want.
        These days everyone new to gardening seems to want ''instant impact'' and sterile designer jobs - all very clinical.
        Good husbandry is the pleasure of having a little bit of ground to actually grow something in and work with it to produce fruit, vegetables and flowers. It needs to be seen as a pleasure not a chore - and the rewards are boundless :spinning: ....phwarr I feel like the vicar of Dibley now :biggrin: