1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Weedol on new lawn

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Mishka Grizzly, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Mishka Grizzly

Mishka Grizzly Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I have sown a lawn almost two months ago which is coming up fine (especially for a person who never planted anything ever before! :) )

Also with the grass, a lot of weeds are coming up quite rapidly too! Too many to hand weed.

I bought Weedol for Lawns where at the back it says for new lawns to treat in SPRING when lawn is at least 2 months old.

Why Spring? Is it not safe to use it on Summer, July / August? The broadleaf weeds are still very actively growing.. I mowed the lawn about 6 times now and we already walk on it.

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,199
    Hi,

Your best bet is to mark out a small area of lawn and treat that and leave it for at least a week to see if the young grass is unaffected,before treating the rest otherwise you could end up with a sorry state.

Be careful with your dilution, mixing and application rate as too much and it may burn the young grass.

They say "For best results, avoid mowing the lawn a few days before and after treatment." so for a new tender lawn would give it at least 3 days.

• Like Like x 1