1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

well chilled

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by 1happy chick, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    What a day :cool: . I am defo the wispy clouds in a blue sky today. There have been no clouds atall in the sky all day and what makes it so much better is that the forecast was for rain all weekend. I cut all my grass (lots). Planted tatties, sowed peas, carrots and swiss chard in my vegie bit and sowed some annual flowers and shifted things around in my borders. The sun brought out all the tulips that have been looking sad for a week. The star of the garden this week apart from the early Tulips is the Chinodoxa (Glory of the snow) which is lovely against the daffies.

Now im sunburned and knackered but i have beer so all is well :D

Hope you all had as nice a day as i did.

Cloudy

2. wineandchoc

wineandchoc Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cloudy, greetings from Forres. Hot and sunny all day - wonderful stuff. I had the man in to top one side of the hedge, I was gofer and did all the clearing up (saved me a few hours of his time) Hot, knackered and happy. Can of lager this evening, too hot for wine, choc is cooling in the fridge :0)

3. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Both of you

I laid some slabs, mowed the grass, repotted a standard bay and olive, pottered about in greenhouse....now its uptown for a few bevvies [​IMG]

Steve

4. wineandchoc

wineandchoc Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    enjoy the bevvies, I must look for instant Gremlins LOL

5. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Found this for you Cloudy
    [​IMG]
    S'posed to be 2 cats doing the samba!
    Loads more here for you! http://www.cloudappreciationsociety.org

Had a fab day outside. split my Ophiopogon, Did a weed & feed of back borders. Planted some "babies" (ferns, black leaved birch, feverfew, cape gooseberries, Stipa arundinacea). Contemplated cutting the grass, but was distracted by tinkling of vodka glass :cool:
    Gonna sit & do a border plan now (under the influence of Stolly!!) :rolleyes:

6. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Im seeing a theme here. Do you think that gardening and alcohol have to go together? At least it dulls the sting of the sunburn [​IMG] .

7. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It oils the secateurs ;)

8. wineandchoc

wineandchoc Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    dripping sweat oils the secateurs, oh I love to be hot :0)
    I prefer my alcohol after gardening, I like my fingers to stay where they are

9. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    you enjoyed your wine then choc??? we had a hot day too , hosepipe been doing overtime already... filled all my dollytubs with Llama manure just waiting for Comfrey to get a big bigger to add.. my fertiser for the year.

10. wineandchoc

wineandchoc Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    yo Lady, you got some good fertiliser going there