1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats Been Stripping My Leaves?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by roders, Oct 21, 2006.

1. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,953
    Just a thought.....
    These caterpillars that have been stripping my Geranium leaves (I dont know what they are).
    Why are the birds not eating them?is it because we are feeding wild birds too much and they no longer need to forage,they dont know what they are missing...big fat juicy caterpillars. :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Didn't know anything ate Geranium leaves.
    Looks like some kind of hawk moth larva.

3. chobart

chobart Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have had the same problem a couple of times but it seems to have moved counties. No idea what it is - sorry.

4. millymilly

millymilly Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My geraniums are the same with fine lacy leaves. Thankfully, didn't see any of those 'orrible little things, but serious question with mention of the moth larva. I love my evening primroses but know they attract moths. Is it possible having the EPs makes my garden more likely to suffer?