Whats the strangest thing youve ever dug up ?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by spudbristol, May 31, 2008.

1. seacrow

seacrow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Eggs. Raw, well rotted chicken eggs. To begin with we were wondering about stray chickens, but we managed to dig one up whole, and it had a red tractor mark on it. We are now assuming a local fox is stealing from an early morning delivery and caching them away for later.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +47,863
      We had this, fox was stealing them from next door's hens and burying them in my potato patch.

Even worse was finding half of next door's pet rabbit buried in the potato patch, only one leg was sticking up through the soil, It was very difficult to go round and tell them, I had to pick a moment when the children weren't home

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Baalmaiden

Baalmaiden Gardener

Ratings:
        +284
        Sounds Moyra like a pan for panning tin (or even gold!) Any mines near you? We used them for feeding corn to the chickens, sort of combined scoop and bowl. I should think they would be good for winnowing too.