1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Where NOT to buy seeds from

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Scorpio1968, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Business Development Manager
    Ratings:
    +245
    Well we have threads expressing peoples good service from suppliers occasionally but this one is to hopefully prevent others being disappointed by ordering from the company i ordered from recently.

I say recently but it was actually 4th September i placed an on-line order for a pack of Delphinium Nudicaule Fox seeds from Plants of Distinction. They hadn't turned up 2 weeks later so i e-mailed a query and they said they were on the way as their collators had been on holiday. 2 months after placing my order, still no seeds and no response to any of my several calls, answer phone messages or e-mails.

It was only a few quid i know but it begs the question, how many others have placed orders that haven't turned up. Extremely bad customer service i think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      Sad to hear that Scorpio, as you say only a couple of quid but its the principle that matters...:nonofinger:

I know T&M aren't everyone's cup of tea but I ordered some seed from them last year and they hadn't turned up after 2 weeks (should have after 7 days), so I rang them around 10am one morning and the very next day I recieved a replacement order in the post, now that was good service...:dbgrtmb:

I tend to stick to the following; Chiltern Seeds, Plant World Seeds, Secret Seeds, Smart Seed Store and a few others, all I have used with confidence and never had a problem with :dbgrtmb:

• loveweeds

loveweeds Gardener

Ratings:
      +210
      they have probably gone awol with all the money... everyone can create a website and process payments and disappear, and usually get away with it, shame...
      only thing you can do is to look for reviews first before placing orders

• Like Like x 1
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Mixed reviews for them on other sites, some folk say they are good, but others saying they're not getting germination & the company are implying its their fault.

• Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Ratings:
        +245
        They don't want to imply it was my fault i haven't received anything - that's if they ever contact me.

• alex-adam

alex-adam Super Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,073
        Are these the people based in Needham Market IP6 8AS ? - just looked at the website and the T&C state despatch of seed commences 29th October 2012 - No excuses for failing to reply to your emails though - poor customer service on that point.
        a-a

• Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Ratings:
        +245
        Yes that's the outfit. But they said said the order will be with me 3rd week September and as you say, no excuse for not replying to e-mails.

I must say though, one thing they;re good at is adding e-mail addresses from online orders to their e-mailing database. They bombard me with regular news etc, even though i opted out. I can't opt out from the e-mails though in case they use that as an excuse not to contact me lol.

Like i said it's only a few quid. i just thought i'd share the experience with others.

• Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
        +12,667
        Don't think its quite that easy? To get clearance for credit card payment you need to have a trading record / bank references etc. and "Payment Gateways" like PayPal, WorldPay, SagePay will hold monies for, I think, up to 90 days for new traders. Plus if if customers complain to the credit card company they will make charge-backs (i.e. Fines) on the Supplier

Clearly it aint stopping all the wrong'uns, but hopefully it takes a bit more than just setting up a stall and writing "Snake Oil" on the bunting :)

• Like Like x 2
        • longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +23,089
          That's sad to hear.
          I've used them several times and been happy. The only poor germinators that I've had were Lapageria rosea which I now know need to be fresh.