1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Which plants were truly outstanding in your garden in 2018?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by longk, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Loki

Loki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,092
    My annuals took best ' doers ' prize this year.
    Statice, cosmos, cleome, stocks, zinnia, antirrhinum and ( still flowering ) night scented phlox :)
    I'm sure there where others but they are the ones that stand out.
    My rhododendron flowered for the first time in years this spring and my azalea was gorgeous ( both in pots )
    Special mentions to apple blossom, campanula, delphiniums, pieris and autumn colours ( especially the acers and cherry )
    A strange year, weather wise, but along with the scorched grass and fried baskets we still had some beautiful plants and flowers to enjoy:spinning:

• Like Like x 3
    • NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
      Ratings:
      +21,220
      Tithonias did well as did Salvia coccinea, but the stand out performers were the Ipomea and Mina lobata that grew, flowered and climbed all over the place, they kept going until well into October.

• Like Like x 3