1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wild perfumed plant found on walk today

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by treetops, Jul 31, 2011.

1. treetops

treetops Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, today we took the kids for a walk across the fields and I found this plant growing wild in the hedgerows. It smells a bit like sage.
    Any ideas of what it might be would be appreciated. Many thanks. It was a large plant a good 4 foot if i remember correctly with about the same spread. This is just a small part and about actual size

[​IMG]

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi treetops,

Looks like Mugwort to me.

3. treetops

treetops Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ziggy. Far less romantic sounding than my wife and I had hoped for, but thanks for the ID all the same :)

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :scratch: Leaves don't look right for Mugwort Zig..

5. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    We are only seeing the top of the plant, but it might be Artemisia Campestris then.

Wrong colour for Wormwood.

Mugwort was traditionally worn on the belt on midsummers day & then thrown into the fire at night so that all your troubles for the next year would go up with it.