1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wilkinsons today

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sussexgardener, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Went into Wilkinsons today to buy some Cornflower seeds (after reading an article online about sowing seeds now outdoors for a really good show of flowers next Spring/Summer). Found a packet of seeds, originally priced at 97p, with a big 50% off sticker on them. At the checkout, the cost was 1p. Huh??

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I had similar at matalan, needed som new clothes for job hunting, so I chose some trousers for £16 & a shirt & tie for £12. At the checkout I was charged £22 :cnfs:

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    Our best buy at Matalan was a five piece set of cutlery for four people priced at £15. When we got to the checkout it came up as £1. We actually had two sets in our trolley, so were given both for £2.

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  5. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,192
    I remember Wilkos having a sale of their seed packets last year around this time, it wasn't as good as that though.

6. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I suspect it was a checkout error. I even asked the checkout lad if I had heard him right!

7. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +865
    My 'best buy' was at a Notcutts. I wanted a strawberry planter, they only had one left but, as it had been out in the rain, the price sticker was missing. At the checkout a 'responsible grown-up' was called and, since it was discontinued and they couldn't find a price I was asked if I'd be willing to pay £2? Willing? I'd seen them on-line at .... £20!!

Now I buy pop-up garden rubbish bags from The Pound Shop - durable, easy to slit with a knife and they come with handles when I want to move them around.