1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Window baskets

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Scotty2088, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Scotty2088

Scotty2088 Gardener

Ratings:
    +188
    I’m looking at purchasing some window baskets from wilkos that are 70cm in width. I want trailing lobelias. My questions, how many plugs would I need to fill such a basket and equally will they look full enough on their own or would they go well complimented with something else?

Scott

2. Scotty2088

Scotty2088 Gardener

Ratings:
    +188
  3. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,204
    Hi,

Would think you could get 5 or 6 plants in that size container, they will soon fill out.

Good as Lobelia are, they are more typically used as a filler plant between other more showy plants that are either upright or trailers.

So many to choose from that would mix well with the Lobelia, just down to your taste, eg Geraniums, Fuchsias, Petunias, Begonias etc etc.

If you can, add the correct amount of water retaining crystals to your compost and some slow release fertilizer granules.

• Like Like x 1