1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisteria - good grafted variety

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by greenfingersiwish, Apr 18, 2005.

1. greenfingersiwish

greenfingersiwish Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - hope someone can help. I am looking to buy a nice wisteria. I am impatient though and have read they can take a few years to flower. Does anyone has any idea of
    1. A good grafted species
    2. Low maintenance one
    3. Where can i buy one at the best possible price.

Done some digging and find that cannot buy a 5yr old one for less than �£30 anyone seen one cheaper elsewhere????

Thanks a lot
    Rebecca

2. revin helen

revin helen Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    Otter Nurseries are selling them from about �£11. Don't know how old they were but they had flowers on which I'm told is how you should buy them. They had about 1/2 a dozen varieties, some for full sun and some for part shade and in different sizes too (obviously more expensive the bigger they got).They even had standard ones which were very tempting but quite pricey. Cost may be a regional thing. Devon is a long way for you to come to save �£20 quid.

3. turl

turl Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sounds great that nurserie revin helen, where abouts is it flower and is there a web site?

4. Theworker

Theworker Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If you go to your local Garden centres at this time of year, you will see them in flower. You can then choose which variety you like and you will know that it will flower. Most Wisteria's will cost you from �£15-�£25 dependeing on size.