Worth the wait......

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Spruce, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,325
    Hi all

We have all lost plants over the last winter and the one previous didnt help either.:cry3:

I had lost numerous amounts , and to my shock horror my two matching varigated half standard hollies that I had spent several years pinching out etc both died , about the end of April all the leavses fell off , I havnt done nothing to them and just left them alone all summer , to my amazment they are both starting to show new growth on the stem just below the lolipop part that has all the old dead growth on.

So patience and giving it a chance has paid off I will keep in the greenhouse over winter which should help them both out I hope.

I wonder how many other plants have been dug up which given some time and patience could of pulled through , I know its early days with the both of them but I will try my best .

ps my wisteria which I have been summer pruning, the parts out of my reach have all decided to flower on the new growth at the ends now I wish I hadt bothered I would of had more blooms

Spruce

• Like Like x 4
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Thats good Spruce:dbgrtmb:

lost my Fig tree, but thanks to Pete's advice and a hasty facebook message to Daughter #2, Boris the Olive Tree is doing great now, better than ever.

• Like Like x 1
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,837
      • Evil Len

Evil Len Nag a ram

Ratings:
        +199
        Our new garden had a tall palm that last year had 'killed off' ... it was just 3 six foot tall stumps which looked very dead looking. So I lopped them off at the ground. Two weeks ago ... 1 foot of new, palm-y growth coming out the ground ! (that I'll be wrapping in bubble wrap come winter)