1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Yawn ... wakey, wakey ... (2)

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Daisies, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Late getting up again this morning:ywn::D and I have just been listening to the news and they are saying another plane has gone down,this time in the Med:(

Nice to hear that they have found some more people after the Haiti earthquake even though it was said that they wasn't going to search for any more bodies:) I was amazed to see how quickly those Americans were allwoed to adopt the children who had lost their parents.Over here in the UK it would take years to go through the adoption progress before they would be allowed to adopt:p

Anyway,it looks like we are in for some more rain this week and then it is going to get colder by the weekend so we are not finished with winter just yet:D Oh and in the garden I have my first Aconites in flower and my snowdrops are budding up nicely:)

Hope you all have a good day:)

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning kandy and everyone, not been on as i had family here, hope everyone is keeping well , kandy been watching haiti on the news and its amazing how they are still finding people and that little girl they found her mother was so pleased lets hope they find more children and adults.
    have a nice day all

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,310
    Good morning everyone,

We are still working hard on catching up but I thought I would pop on here to say hello. I'm not going to be able to look back and see what you have all been saying so apologies if I seem a bit thick. :dh: :D

The sun is trying to come out now and the garden doesn't look too bad. Some of our early snowdrops are starting to bloom so it is cheering us up. :gnthb:

Oscar is fat and happy k-l

Keep well. :thumb:

Have a great day :D

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its -2 here and its drizzling out, this is January and we are getting rain, very odd indeed.

5. loopy lou

loopy lou Gardener

Ratings:
    +34
    i have just realised its Burns Night! so happy burns night to you all ooh i do love haggis and a wee dram but i wont be having any tonight are any of you celebrating?

Loopy

6. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It was Haiti that sped up the adoption process, so even a UK couple wishing to adopt would have it sped through now Kandy - well, dependent on UK courts cooperating in giving children a good safe home with parents to care for them.

Another Monday, back to work......out there driving around Surrey in the pouring rain for the most of the morning - but was nice in the afternoon :) I hear we are in for another cold spell? Hope we get more snow :)

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,

Shiney glad to see you on here again and that you have recovered from your epic trip.:gnthb: We are all fine,just waiting for the warmer weather to come back pus the morning daylight:snz::ywn::D

Natilie,I missed the start of the discussion on the radio about the rushing through of the adoption of those children and only heard the part about the time it takes to go through the adoption proceders{sp}over here in the UK.:(

Peri,glad that you have managed to get your deposit payed now and May will soon roll round and you will be able to join the sun:)

Anyway,I have some exercises to do and some house work so I hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

8. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Morning friends :luv:

Shiney is back :gnthb: Look forward to hearing all the news.

Well I got off my fat backside and got to weightwatchers yesterday. :D OOPS. I feel better for doing that. I am starting up swimming again to help the weight loss along. I feel very positive at the moment now Spring is coming. :yho:

Am off out today - just some chores to do then freedom :hehe:

Have a lovely day everyone.

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,310
    Good morning everyone,

It is very still out there and looks pretty cold but it is better than if it was raining :). I still prefer this to some of the hot, sticky weather we had on holiday.

My computer has been to the doctor as someone tried to hack it :mad:. I have had even more protection put on it now so I hope it works.

The pheasants now seem to be spending all day in our garden :thumb:. Probably because we keep the feeder full up and it makes life easier for them.

I spent half a day yesterday filling in totally unnecessary forms for Barry. The DWP wanted to know whether he had received any cheques for Vi after she died even though they always payed her Disability L. A. directly into her bank. They also wanted all the details of her executors, including their bank details, although she didn't have any money. The Council sent a 20 page housing application form they wanted filled in although he had spent all his 39 years living in their council house with his mother and the house has been adapted to his disabilities. He has already been interviewed by the housing people and they know the form isn't relevant to him. He has been on their housing list since he came of age but the covering letter says that they can't put him on the housing list until the forms are completed - and they have to be in by the end of the week. Stupid council :mad:. End of rant :hehe:

Have a great day :D

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Good morning everyone,

Its -2 here and we did get a little snow overnight and its supposed to get colder as the week goes on.

11. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,784
    Welcome back Shiney :thmb::)

Good morning all my friends ,a bit late today had to take my Daughter for her regular blood test,I hope that you are all OK and well,enjoy the rest of your day and please take care.:)

12. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Hope everything went well with your daughter Woo :)
    I didn't get far today because Roxy came for a visit so took her for a lovely walk over the field where she met a nice boy dog :hehe: ( a Yorkie) She had a lovely time here and I love her to bits already :luv:

13. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,784
    Good morning Kandy,Rosa,Jazmine,Peri,Penny,Loopy Lou and Shiney,and all my other friends ,hope everyone is OK and well,
    You all enjoy your day and please stay safe.:)

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo and everyone.

Woo,hope you enjoyed your early morning walk with the dogs although I expect by now you are back home in the warm:)

Shiney sorry that you have had all those problems with Barry's paperwork and hope that it all gets settled ok and he manages to lead a less stressful life.He is lucky to have a good friend like you who can help sort out his problems:gnthb:

Anyway,managed to get out in the front garden yesterday clearing away lots of leaves and dead plant material from the borders which I couldn't do in the Autumn due to my hand problem.Had to keep coming indoors though because my feet were getting quiet cold wearing my wellie shoes.Managed to fill six buckets so will take them over to the allotment for recycling sometime:)

Hope everyone has a good day:)

15. NatalieB

NatalieB Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everybody :) A cold frosty morning down here this morning - meanwhile getting teased with lots of Australia Day sunshine pictures of family out waterskiing, cruising on the boat, celebrating with a prawn bonfire on the beach......and complaints of it being 'too hot'....I do remember those days....and just a tad of warmth would be nice right now :)
    Hope everybody has a great day!